Hostile phone maker Nokia continues to expand its Asha Touch series of phones with addition of two new models, Asha 308 and Asha 309. These new phones are tagged as most affordable capacitive touchscreen devices till the date.
The Nokia Asha 308 features easy swap Dual SIM (Bluetooth) and Asha 309 is the single SIM option with Wi-Fi support. They deliver a new version of Nokia Xpress Browser, enables up to 90 percent more efficient mobile browsing and faster access at low cost rich web applications and full smartphone experience.
- 3-inch WQVGA capacitive display
- touch screen with a resolution of 400×240 pixels
- 32GB microSD card support.
- 2G networks and offer multiple home screens
- Loud speakers and stereo radio for entertainment.
- social networking applications such as Facebook, Twitter and more.
- WLAN 802.11b/g support
- 2 MP rear camera, but it has no flash.
- Internal memory 64 MB.
- 1110 mAh battery.
- 40 premium EA games
- Nokia Asha OS with Swipe Interface
- 64MB internal storage, expandable upto 3GB via microSD
- FM Radio with RDS
- 13mm thick and weighs 103.69g
Asha Touch lineup will have direct access to YouTube through the device’s integrated browser. Asha 308 is a dual-SIM device (Bluetooth only) that enables users to switch between multiple SIM cards quickly and easily without having to remove the battery or turn off the phone. A Nokia Nearby web app helps people discover new places by searching nearby locations and presenting the options on a map.
The phone will come in the white, black and golden light colours.
These phones would be available in the fourth quarter 2012 this year. The estimated price would be 5,300 Indian Rupees (US$ 99) excluding taxes and subsidies with deliveries.