An Apple event took place on September 12, round to sending journalists an invite to the launch of its new handset, the iPhone 5 the sixth iPhone model.
Apple’s newest iPhone offers a larger screen has been slimmed down at 7.6mm (0.3 inches), skinniest and redesigned entirely made of glass and aluminum — the same material used in Apple’s Macbooks. 4G LTE connectivity, and a slightly longer screen with a 1136 x 640-pixel resolution, while the new A6 chip is twice as fast as previous versions.
Some more features are improved battery life and a new iSight camera. If you want to know more, put all that speculations below to rest as Apple spilled the secrets.
Features and Specifications:
- NanoSim: 40 per cent smaller smaller SIM card than previous designs, (12.3 millimeters x 8.8 millimeters)
- A6 processor: twice fast as the A5 processor on the iPhone 4S up to 8 hours of browsing/talk-time on cellular network and 10 hours of video playback and the Music app with songs will load 1.9 times faster.
- Memory: expected to have 1GB Storage at 16/32/64GB with no memory expansion possible.
- Weight: slimmer (7.6mm) and lighter 3.95 ounces (112 grams) featherweight
- Connectivity: will support 4G LTE networks for GPRS, EDGE, EV-DO, and HSPA data networks a single chip for voice and data, a single radio chip, and a “dynamic antenna” that will switch connections between different networks automatically latest wireless chip. It can run on dual-band 3.5G HDPA+ handle (20Mbps), DC-HSDPA (42Mbps) and LTE (max 100Mbps).
- A neat feature of the Lightning connector is its reversible orientation, it will plug into your device no matter which side is up on the bottom long-anticipated smaller dock connector it has an all-digital, eight-signal design and an “adaptive interface”
- An adapter and adapter cables (of course it will), which range from $19 to $39.
- Alarm clock/music player.
- Color options: black & slate or white & silver. (very soon colorful versions will available)
- The iPhone’s Wi-Fi has been beefed up as well, sporting 802.11N (dual-channel, 2.4GHz and 5GHz) and a max speed of 150Mbps.
- Handle voice and data.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
Display or Screen:
- Has a 4-inch touchscreen. retina quality display as the 4S
- Increased screen resolution to 1136 x 640 pixels.
- Screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio with 44% improved color saturation — great for videos and browsing websites.
- Use comfortably with one hand.
- Better viewing angles, a clearer image, a lighter device, and a thinner profile.
- You cut down on the number of home screens.
- Calendar: get a full five-day week view in the calendar, the calendar will show more events, and all iWork apps
- An 8 megapixel, back illuminated sensor, hybrid IR filter, five-element lens and f/2.4 aperture with full HD video recording.
- Camera has a dynamic low light mode along with a spatial noise reduction that gives improved low light pictures.
- A new panorama mode takes 28MP panoramic images and automatically compensates for shaky hands.
- Shoot still images simultaneously while recording a video.
- A6 processor makes the camera 40% faster
- The main shooter, or the “iSight” camera
- The secondary front camera now can shoot 720p HD video
- Video resolution remains at 1080p HD, though image stabilization has been improved and face detection is now available in clips for up to 10 people.
- the lens has been revamped with a sapphire crystal (the next hardest material to diamond)
- in a packed press conference were unsurprisingly dull, due to the dim lighting, the technology itself was impressive –slow down if panned too fast and then outputting the jumbo image in a few seconds.
- Improved EarPods round earbuds that never really stayed
- Delivering better sound quality.
- an additional microphone for a total of three – one on the bottom, back, and front
- The speaker now has five magnets (so up from two), which is apparently better and it’s supposed to use 20 percent less space.
- The noise- cancelling and wideband audio new feature which give natural-sounding voices.
- Background noise should be muted as much as possible during voice calls.
- The 3.5mm audio port and the loudspeaker.
- Apple’s newest mobile OS update, iOS 6
- Inside, the iPhone 5 will debut with iOS 6 already onboard. Highlights include the new
- Apple Maps app turn-by-turn navigation, Passbook, boarding pass, Starbucks card, shared photo streams, Siri updates, and the aforementioned FaceTime over 3G.
- Facebook is now integrated into the OS alongside Twitter, and Safari has an offline reading list.
- 8 hours of 3G talk time
- 8 hours of 3G browsing, 8 hours of LTE browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing,
- 10 hours of video playback, 40 hours of music playback,
- 225 hours of standby time.
Price and Availability:
- Release date: 21 September 2012 (preorder starting September 14)
- The iPhone 5 will come in three different storage sizes and prices.
- Price: 16GB for $200, 32GB for $300, and 64GB for $400. These prices include a two-year contract. Will be shipped in two weeks if ordered online.
- On sale in nine countries: the United States (US to get a CMDA or GSM model), Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. More countries will follow by the end of month September, and by the end of the year.