LG Revolution sports 4.3 inch capacitive touchscreen display, 5MP autofocus camera, front facing camera, HD video recording, 16GB of internal memory and up to 32GB of expandable memory. LG Revolution also features Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, DLNA, HDMI, DivX support and mobile hotspot for share 4G connection with up to 8 WiFi-capable devices.
Verizon Wireless, a provider of 4G and 3G network, has launched 4G LTE network suite of 10 consumer-oriented devices that got stage time include:
- The LG Revolution, LG’s first 4G smartphone. The Revolution has HD support for streaming, playing, and recording video, a 4.3-inch touch screen; Android 2.2; video telephony support with front-facing camera and mobile hot-spot capability to share a 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- HTC’s first 4G LTE smartphone, the HTC Thunderbolt. “Let me tell you, it’s blazing fast,” said HTC CEO Peter Chou, who noted that he has been using the phone as his “personal device” and specifically touted Skype video chat and video streaming over LTE. The Thunderbolt features HTC Sense 2.0, Skype mobile with video, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, a 4.3-inch WVGA display, Dolby surround sound, an 8-megapixel camera and HD video recording, and wireless DLNA capability.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Tab, 4G LTE Smartphone (previously called the Inspiration), and 4G LTE mobile hot spot, which is small enough to fit into a pocket or purse.
- The Motorola Droid Bionic, which has Android with Adobe Flash and HTML5, a front-facing VGA camera, a rear-facing 8-megapixel camera, 4.3-inch HD quality screen, HDMI connectivity, dual-core 1GHz processor, and 512 DDR2 RAM.
- The Motorola Xoom. The 10.1-inch tablet runs on Android Honeycomb, plays 1080p HD video, has an Adobe Flash Player, a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats, and a 5-megapixel camera to capture video in 720P HD. Mobile hot-spot capability provides connection for up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- The HP Pavilion and HP Compaq notebooks in their 4G incarnations.
LG and Verizon have yet to provide any pricing information for the Revolution , the company said it is expanding its 4G LTE network to an additional 140 markets by the end of this year.